Welcome, Hola, SaThaHai, Nyob Zoo!
On behalf of the Board of Directors, Teachers and Staff, welcome to Cross River Charter School’s inaugural year. We are so happy that you have made this decision to be part of our CRC community. Choosing the right school is one of the most important decisions a parent can make because it sets the stage for a lifetime of learning.
At CRC, we believe that the student voice is vitally important. Through the practice of oracy, your child will learn to become effective communicators, while also learning the essential foundational skills for academic success. We will also teach and learn by:
- Keeping class sizes small (18:1) so teachers can focus on your child’s learning
- Using the student voice to build self-confidence and self-expression
- Focusing on foundational learning to ensure deeper learning
- Focusing on anti-racist and anti-biased teaching and learning for a better society
- Developing critical thinking
- Embracing different cultures
- Embracing cultural histories
- Engaging in best practices with a Student Centric/Student-Focused approach
- Teaching Minnesota Academic Standards
Thank you for trusting CRC. Together, we will work to transform learning by listening, embracing our differences, finding our commonalities, and inspiring all of us to build a better future.
CRC welcomes you to visit our school, ask questions, and be part of your child’s future success!